This document will provide an overview of the features/updates the product development team has delivered in Sprint SPO56 (7 March 2023 Release) Product Updates
Events can now require approval before being published
- A new account setting called “Events require approval to publish“ will require events to be submitted for approval before they are able to be published to the portal.
- Only specific admin roles will be able to ‘approve and publish’ an event, which is controlled by a new admin permission ‘Event > Approve’
- Only approved AND published events will appear in the portal.
- Administrators without approval permission will be able to create an event and save it as a draft (unpublished) or Submit for approval.
- Administrators can review events that have been submitted for approval, and then choose to approve or reject the event.
Note - once approved, the event cannot be rejected.
- If an administrator rejects an event, they can leave comments
Which will be visible as a tool tip above the rejected status
- There is also an Event Type override that allows any event created within the type to ignore the approval requirement.
Send anniversary emails and SMS
Automations can now be triggered based on the date and month of a date/time attribute. Prior to this change, the User - Date Reminder’ automation task was triggered by a user field (i.e dob) matching today’s day, this could be offset by adding a delay, but this would only trigger when the entire date (including year) matched the current date).
Recurrence can be set against User - Date Reminder, Event User - Date Reminder and Event - Date Reminder attributes.
New permission to control the use of automations by administrators
In Rosterfy, there are various points where an admin user can choose to ‘trigger automations’. However, some customers find that users turn this off and then their workflows are interrupted,
To combat this, an ‘automation’ permission has been added into the Access Control List (Admin Role Permissions), so that only those with the permission get the popup/input box, and if they don't, the automation is assumed to be run (just like in the candidate portal).
Group Leader can reserve spots on Shifts for group members
Group leaders can now reserve spaces on a shift on behalf of their group.
To enable this, there is a new setting under the Portal tab of the Organisation settings:
‘Group Leaders can Apply on Behalf of Group to Shift’
Once enabled, Group leaders can reserve spots for group members when applying to a shift.
In the admin console, there is a new column in the shift user list that will display the ‘Shift User Demand’. This will indicate how many places that user has reserved on the shift.
Note - the column may need to be added from the Columns list.
The new ‘Family Features will allow a candidate to link accounts and manage family signups.
New ‘Family’ section in the permissions tree will enable this function (please speak with your Customer Success Manager to enable this).
In the candidate portal, a new section ‘My Family will appear at the bottom of the My Profile page.
The candidate can then click ‘Add Family Member’
Selecting ‘Send Communications’ will allow the family manager to enter contact details for their family member. If contact details are not added, then all communications will be sent to the family manager.
When applying to a shift, the family manager will be asked to select which family members they want to assign to the shift
The family manager can update the selected family members on shifts, as well as withdraw them from a shift
The family manager and any chosen family member will appear in the shift user list in the admin console
- Family members do not have an account and cannot login to Rosterfy
- Family members will exist as a record in the admin console (i.e they will appear in user listings and on shifts)
- Admins cannot see that someone is a family manager or family member from within the admin console.
- Family managers and members cannot confirm pending shifts from the portal currently, only via email.
Ability to drag and drop multiple users in Shift Schedule View
Instead of adding users one-by-one into a shift, now multiple users (up to 10) can be dragged at a single time within the shift schedule view
Prevent negative number being entered into ‘Number of Users Required’ field
The ‘Users Required’ field will now longer allow users to input negative values i.e. select down arrows when users required is zero
Shift Canceled added as an Automation Task
A new automation trigger ‘Event-Shift Canceled’ is available. When canceling a shift, instead of saying ‘do you want to notify the users’, it will say ‘do you want to trigger ‘x’ automations’
Send Grid - Add user ID + checkpoint to fields going to Sendgrid
Issues with Terminology Fixed
Some areas of the system were using the standard Rosterfy terms, even though new terms had been entered.
Show User Details in Inbound SMS History 'Sent By' column
The ‘sent by’ column will now be populated with the user’s name when an inbound sms is sent to the system.
Technical / Performance Updates
Prevent doc.x File Uploads
Doc.x files have been removed as an available file option for upload for security purposes.
Sample excel files that include dates have been updated to 2023 dates
Remove Meta where not needed from background checks
Customers who use reference check and parental consent modules will no longer see the meta in the background check tab of the user update page
Quick Search Restrictions
To improve system performance, a restriction has been applied to quick search attributes.
You can alter the default limit in settings > limits.
- The limit applies only to non-'static' fields, i.e. fields that sit outside the entity’s database table. Anything on the table, like a name doesn’t count toward it.
- The limit applies separately to each entity. So if you choose 5, Event can have 5 custom quick searchable fields, Shifts can have 5, User can have 5 etc.
- Because there will be many customers already above this limit, the system will only try to enforce it if a field is being switched from non-quicksearchable to quicksearchable. This will stop their current fields from suddenly being un-saveable, but stops them from adding any further fields to the list.
- Added a warning to the current info box about the system suffering if the sysadmin allows the admins to add too many quick searchable fields